JMatos and CMatos Software for Mobile Information Devices
Providing Contextually-Relevant Information and Services
As large volumes of Internet content become accessible to mobile devices and, as new mobile-specific content emerges, it will become too overwhelming for users to manage all the available information and services. In the mobile Internet environment, the traditional web-based destination model will not be able to deliver compelling end user information and services. The greatest challenge for the mobile Internet is the management of a pervasive electronic presence to sense and respond to a customer's unique profile i.e. who they are, what they need, and their information and service preferences.
JMatos and CMatos-enabled devices can access network services where and when needed, and do so without the need for complicated user intervention. Information devices are closely associated with their users and hence, move with them throughout the day. That means moving from network to network, whether the network is a Personal Area Network (PAN), Local Area Network (LAN) or Wide Area Network (WAN). In addition, these networks are set in varied contexts, from the home to the mall, schools and the office. The nature of the information and services needed is as varied as the environments. With JMatos and CMatos technology, information and services can be provided to the device in a context-sensitive manner, used as needed and then discarded as the user changes context. Memory and resource-constrained devices can now offer more and varied services without a corresponding increase in memory and processing power. Increasing the functionality of devices and enabling new context-sensitive services allows differentiation among service providers, increased revenues and reduced churn.
JMatos and CMatos software offers a number of benefits for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), application developers, service providers and end users.
- Provides a mechanism for enabling a pervasive electronic presence that senses and responds to a customer-unique profile, allowing mobile users to automatically receive context-relevant services in a seamless manner across different networks (WAN, LAN and PAN).
- Solves the interoperability and ease-of-use issues that currently exist with Bluetooth and other short-range communications technologies, thus supporting the deployment of compelling PAN services.
- Allows applications to run in a seamless manner across mobile devices and other Java-enabled devices (i.e. POS terminals, TV set-top boxes, desktop PCs, etc.).
- Enables automatic configuration of applications on mobile devices.
- Enables automatic updates to applications on mobile devices. Jini technology can provide a non-proprietary mechanism to allow mobile device applications to integrate seamlessly into service provider and enterprise IT infrastructures.
As with any other technology development, the true potential of this technology can only be realized through effective partnerships and alliances between manufacturers, systems and service providers across the mobile industry.
For a detailed look at what PsiNaptic technology can do for the mobile industry, read our white paper "The Application of Jini Technolgoy to Enhance the Delivery of Mobile devices."